Walks and Countryside
There is no better way to discover the great outdoors and visit some of our country’s unique heritage than by walking. Wiltshire is a fantastic place for walking with almost half of the county being declared an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). With great monuments such as Stonehenge and the Avebury Stone Circle and other local attractions in the area, the best way to visit these historic venues is often on foot.
If you are planning to do some walks and explore the countryside - our top tips include:
• Stay on marked public footpaths, follow the signs, and take a map if you are in an unfamiliar area
• Always leave gates as you find them so if they are closed leave them closed and if open leave them open
• Keep dogs under control and make sure you pick up after them!
• Our weather here can be a little unpredictable, so make sure you plan you clothes for any eventuality!
• Wear well-fitting and sensible footwear
• Take some water with you
• Enjoy our beautiful countryside!
Why not bring along your four legged friend to discover our beautiful countryside. You can check out our pet friendly policy here.